Job Description and Responsibilities
The North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association is a non-profit organization that represents the 100 Sheriffs of North Carolina and their personnel. We are looking for a team member who is very detail-oriented and who can multi-task in a very fast paced, busy office. We are also looking for someone with a sincere commitment to excellence and the success of the Association, as well as respect for the constitutional Office of Sheriff and the persons holding the Office.
The Coordinator – Research is self-sufficient, thorough and using extensive research methodologies, will perform detailed research, analyze the gathered data, and present the findings to management. The Coordinator – Research will play a vital role in sourcing and extracting valuable information to benefit the Association. This position reports to the Government Relations Counsel.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with supervisor and management to determine research objectives.
- Interpret research specifications and develop a working plan that satisfies requirements.
- Generate a plan of action, establish project goals, and manage through to completion.
- Anticipate research issues and promptly resolve them.
- Analyze and interpret patterns and trends from various data sources, draw inferences and conclusions as well as identify flaws in data collection analysis.
- Conduct detailed research of intended subject matter according to business need.
- Record findings by taking written notes and using appropriate software.
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent and relevant information.
- Document, report, and present research findings to management.
- Create research summaries in multiple formats, including spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, graphs, and standard written summaries.
- Perform and evaluate analysis of utilized resources and current market data.
- Write proposals and deliver presentations when required.
- Identify market trends and patterns.
- Prepare and deliver frequent project updates to supervisor.
- Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, and diagrams.
- Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies.
- Organize and maintain research databases.
- Using data, identify potential areas for targeted improvement.
- Create and develop reports and digital aids as needed.
- Handle necessary administrative paperwork and other documentation needed for project validation and research quality control.
- Follow a strict code of ethics and always protect any confidential information.
- Provide support on other duties as requested.
- Assists co-workers as necessary and performs any additional duties as assigned.
Education Requirement: 4-year College Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
- Ability to devise and execute original, creative, and innovative ideas.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Effective communicator, both orally and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge of research methodologies and techniques.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, problem solving, and decision making.
- Ability to work within a team and follow the instructions of senior leadership.
- Experience using statistical analysis software.
- Strong statistical and mathematical aptitude.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Always perform objective and ethical research.
- Analysis experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The work is typically performed in an office while sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, weighing up to 20 pounds.
For immediate consideration: Please email your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com – No telephone calls please!
Your email MUST specify that you are applying for the Coordinator – Research position, as we are currently advertising for other positions as well.
Upon request, inquiries will be kept confidential.