Job Description and Responsibilities
The North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association is a non-profit organization that represents the 100 Sheriffs of North Carolina and their personnel. We are looking for a team member who is very detail-oriented and who can multi-task in a very fast paced, busy office. We are also looking for someone with a sincere commitment to excellence and the success of the Association, as well as respect for the constitutional Office of Sheriff and the persons holding the Office.
The Honorary Membership Program is an essential part of the North Carolina Sheriffs’ Association. Maintaining involvement of the citizens of North Carolina is important to the association and to the Sheriffs of North Carolina. The Honorary Membership Coordinator position is a part-time position requiring approximately 24 hours per week. The Honorary Membership Coordinator ensures that the Honorary Membership Program remains strong by helping draft prospect letters to future members, processing membership dues payments, sending new members their membership items, and answering telephone calls and emails from members or future members with questions about the program. This position also maintains a database with all member information and provides a detailed analysis of member demographics to the Director of Business Development in order to determine how to mail more efficiently and in a more cost-effective manner.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares the Charitable Solicitation License annually
- Prepares documentation for accounting to reconcile accounts at the end of the month
- Prepares financial reports when requested
- Prepares daily deposits of Honorary Membership monies received
- Responds daily to inquires from Honorary Members via email and telephone
- Researches donations received with no documentation
- Responsible for ordering Honorary Membership fulfillment items each year
- Responsible for inventory stored at fulfillment house
- Responsible for the Honorary Membership database
- Responsible for work flow between NCSA and fulfillment house
- Assists with editing and approving solicitation letters
- Responsible for postage accounts to ensure flow of incoming mail
- Responsible for review of invoices for services for the Honorary Membership Program
- Maintains accurate Honorary Membership Program finance records
- Assists co-workers as necessary and performs any additional duties as assigned
- Minimum three to five years related work experience
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and solve problems
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Ability to adhere to our Association’s professional standards and core values
- Ability to perform other related duties as assigned
Education Requirement: 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
The work is typically preformed in an office while sitting, standing, or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light and heavy objects, weighing up to 20 pounds.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.