The Catastrophic Inmate Medical Insurance (CIMI) Plan is supported by the NCSA and administered by Hunt Insurance Group, LLC.
CIMI is a risk management resource intended to reduce the financial burden on taxpayers, resulting from skyrocketing healthcare costs and governmental responsibility to pay for inmate medical care. The Plan may improve a jail’s budget accuracy by providing a structured reimbursement model for eligible medical expenses incurred outside the walls of the jail can be reimbursed.
Coverage is tailored to the needs of each county; for instance, prior-to-booking/in-pursuit benefits can be purchased independently as a stand-alone policy or included in the policy as additional coverage.
- Includes In-Pursuit / “Prior-to-booking”
- No pre-existing condition exclusions
- Minimum inmate count: 2 inmates
- Deductible as low as $1,000 per inmate
- $250,000 Coverage Limit per inmate
- $1,000,000 policy aggregate
- 12-month policy period
- Inpatient Hospital Services
- Outpatient Hospital Services
- Physician Services
- Outpatient Diagnostic, X-ray, Labs
- Emergency Room
- Ambulance Services
- Medical Services and Supplies
For more information on the Catastrophic Inmate Medical Insurance Plan, contact Jason Bennett, Director of Business Development.